I went to Costa Rica from January 16th – January 23rd.
I spent a day in San Jose, and then 5 days in a small house by Quepos, San Jose. The house is a half an hour drive from Quepos, tucked away in the rain forest.
The highlights of the trip:
- The trails, waterfalls, and swimming opportunities at the house we stayed at. I could have spent another couple of days relaxing at the house.
- Relaxing on the beach of Manuel Antonio, and surfing on the beach.
- The zipline tour in Quepos. I cannot recommend this enough. I paid 50 bucks for a 2 hour tour that was well worth it. The tour guides were fantastic, and I felt extremely safe. It was great! If you’ll be in Quepos, you should definitely go for a canopy tour.
- The national park in Manuel Antonio.
- Having a monkey try to steal our lunch.
- Seeing a sloth, relaxing in the sun.
- Watching a turtle lay eggs.
- The snorkeling wasn’t great – I barely saw any fish. I wouldn’t recommend renting snorkeling equipment.
If I did it again, I would fly from San Jose to Quepos instead of driving 3 hours from San Jose to Quepos. Other than that, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. It was great!
January 26, 2010 at 2:58 pm
How bout some pictures?
January 26, 2010 at 3:33 pm
They’re coming, I promise. I need to weed out similar ones.