Have you ever spent a labor day in Boston? It’s a nightmare. Personally, I think moving is one of the most aggravating and frustrating events in a person’s life. You need to pack up all of your earthly possessions into a million boxes, carefully organizing and thinking about what you’ll need, how easily accessible it needs to be, and what logically should be boxed with other things. Next, I’ve always insisted on moving all of my own stuff from apartment to apartment. Compound that with the fact that I’ve lived in 10 apartments since I moved out of my parent’s house 9 years ago, and you begin to see the picture. How have I lived in 10 apartments, you ask? Well, let me tell you the ways:
- Freshman year: Miller Hall at Tufts
- Sophomore year: Houston Hall at Tufts
- Junior year: 20 Fairmount St, Medford
- Senior year: 209 College Ave, Somerville
- 1st year out of college: 35 Brookline St, Cambridge
- 2nd year out of college: 268 Broadway, Cambridge
- 3rd year out of college: 268 Broadway, Nihombashi (Tokyo), Aoyama (Tokyo)
- 4th year out of college: 356 Harvard Street
- 5th year out of college: 1590 Cambridge Street
This is craziness! You would think I’ve been running from the mob, or in the witness protection program. But each year I have willingly chosen to move from one apartment to another.
The bottom line is that I don’t like moving. Period.
Leave a Reply